Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimize their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
- Country: France
- Location: Paris
- Study level : Master’s Degree
- Contract type : Permanent
About the Role
After our grand opening in Paris earlier this year, we are actively looking for a talented and enthusiastic People Operations Manager to help us scale our local team and operations.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of missions, from supporting local recruitment, day-to-day HR activities (e.g. employee relationship management, payroll and benefits administration etc.) to events planning and long-term projects and programs management. You will help build and support local teams which shall grow from 15 to over 100s employees in the months and years to come. Reporting to our Senior People Operations Manager based in London and cooperating with a global People team, you will keep everything on track in Paris. This is a great opportunity to get extensive exposure in every facet of HR while working with a passionate People team across regions and together supporting the ambitious expansion plans of a Company which place people at the heart of its success.
The ideal candidate has a high degree of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to balance and successfully prioritize tasks.
- Partner – be the trusted advisor for your stakeholders through expert guidance, coaching to managers in all areas of HR and making recommendations to optimise organisational effectiveness.
- Process – proactively develop People policies and processes to meet employment law regulation and requirements, own end-to-end HR processes and identify opportunities for automation through HR technology.
- Perks – manage the development and implementation of benefit programs locally, understanding how to drive an attractive and competitive offering and working closely with the Global People Operations team for parity.
- Payroll – with the support of the Payroll Specialist in London, maintain the relationship with our outsourced payroll provider to ensure efficient payroll-related reporting and processes.
- Collaborating with People Development to deliver training and development initiatives, supporting our world-class onboarding process and an effective performance management program.
- Support People Acquisition with local recruitment needs and a seamless candidate experience.
- Pair with People Culture on employee engagement initiatives, employee surveys and local internal communications.
- Represent People Experience by managing the day-to-day running of our local office, planning local events and equipping our Paris team with space for growth.
About You :
- 5 years’ successful experience as an HR generalist in a high paced environment. Tech industry experience highly preferred.
- Tech savvy with a keen interest for anything HR Tech & Systems
- Strong organisational skills with effective prioritisation and ability to work independently
- Hands-on, always ready to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for the team
- Process-driven, always looking for ways to optimize the day-to-day
- Thought partner, demonstrate good balance of emotional intelligence with pragmatic judgement
- Ability to build, nurture relationships and interact with all levels of management
- Fluent in English
- MSc in Human Resources, Law or equivalent